You may have just found your new favourite skin treatment.
Why? Because skin needling is the perfect solution for many females & males looking for firm, smooth and clearer skin looking skin.
Let’s break down what skin needling is and why it might be your new best friend when it comes to looking and feeling your best all year round
What is skin needling?
Skin needling (sometimes known as collagen induction therapy or micro-needling) is a treatment that’s designed to reduce and improve the appearance of scarring, blackheads, open pores, fine lines and pigmentation in the skin. The big benefit of the treatment? It does all this while being minimally invasive to your skin.
The technique works by injecting a series of microscopic needles into the very top layers of the skin. The tiny punctures it makes stimulate the skin’s natural healing process and kickstarts the rapid production of collagen and elastin.
Collagen and elastin are the good stuff in your body working to keep your skin looking firm and smooth. Skin needling stimulates the growth of both of these proteins to rejuvenate your skin and help heal any imperfections.
What can skin needling be used to treat?
Our favourite thing about skin needling at Glam Beauty Bar & Skin Clinic is how it benefits and heals so many different skin concerns.
Here are a few things skin needling is perfect at helping with:
- Overall facial rejuvenation, reducing fine lines/wrinkles, improvement in skin tone & skin texture
- Reducing scarring from acne, surgery, chickenpox or trauma
- Minimising skin pigmentation & age spots
- Evening skin tone to create a cleaner, brighter look
- Lessening the appearance of stretch marks
The best bit about all this? It’s suitable for all skin types!
And you don’t need to worry if your skin concerns are in the sensitive areas around your eyes – skin needling is safe to use in those areas where other treatments may not be.
The Glam Beauty Bar treatment
Skin needling treatments are recommended every 6-10 weeks while maintaining a Glam skin lactoc peel or dermaplanning with a jelly mask in between (usually the 4-week mark) to maintain optimal results.
At Glam Beauty Bar & Skin Clinic we use the Dermapen 4 for skin needling. Dermapen 4 glides over the skin, creating millions of fine, vertical fractional channels up to 104% faster than other micro-needling pens. These channels can carry up to 80% more topical nutrients deeper into the skin – meaning faster and fuller healing for you.
Our treatments start at $285 with packages including 3 sessions available for $820.
Each skin needling treatment at Glam Beauty Bar includes an Uber peel, vitamin cocktail infusion & sheet mask.
Preparing for treatment
There are a few things to bear in mind when coming in for a skin needling treatment.
- Stop using any vitamin A/B/C/E or AHA/BHA based products on the skin one week prior to skin needling. This includes topical medications.
- If you’re getting cosmetic injectables, we advise waiting two weeks before getting any skin needling done.
- Please do not come in for treatment with any form of skin-numbing products on the face.
- No waxing, IPL, laser of LED treatment on the skin 5 days prior to skin needling.
- Do not shave the day of your skin needling treatment as this will cause skin irritation.
After the treatment please avoid:
- Sun exposure (after 24 hours feel free to apply a mineral SPF).
- Active ingredients such as AHA/BHA, vitamin A/B/C. Don’t worry, these can be incorporated back into your routine 3-5 days after treatment.
- Makeup application for 48 hours, unless it is mineral base.
- Activities that make you sweat.
- Anti-inflammatory medications as this will interfere with the natural inflammatory healing process that is needed for optimum skin rejuvenation.
Meet our gorgeous client Dani!
The week of our lockdown, (yes, number 6 ) I treated Dani’s skin to our brand new skin service: skin needling including Uber Peel & Apple steam cell sheet mask by TT Mask Australia.
Her main concerns are pigmentation & open pores. After treatment, her skin was quite red (like a sunburnt appearance which is normal) after 24 hours her skin had calm down & she felt a tightening effect (which is also normal) Dani had no peeling, just a few dry patches by her 3rd day which meant her skin needed extra hydration than normal. She followed day 3 with another sheet mask.
A week later, here are her results: her skin is absolutely glowing & her overall skin appearance is looking more even & plump. We will be doing another skin needling session in 12 weeks time, with a in-between dermaplanning treatment
Here is what Dani has to say:
“Thank you Bianca for my recent Dermapen4 skin needling treatment. Within a week my skin was rejuvenated, had reduced pigmentation and an obvious glow! Highly recommend Dermapen4 for anyone wanting an overall refresher and skin rejuvenation with great results”
Want to learn more about the Glam Beauty Bar & Skin Clinic treatments? Learn more about our skin needling treatments here as well as a video demonstration of this healing treatment.
We’ll see you at the clinic soon!