1. Hydrate, cleanse, soften and moisturise your skin with coconut oil. Certified organic, one hundred per cent pure and raw virgin coconut oil makes a fantastic do-all beauty product. It is totally pure and clean, making it the perfect alternative for natural beauty.
2. You can massage coconut oil into your skin to maintain its suppleness, but you should also take a tablespoon each day in its uncooked, raw form. It helps to cleanse and balance your healthy gut flora, which is thought to minimise the outbreaks of skin rashes, and irritations. When taken internally coconut oil literally beautifies your skin from the inside out.
3. Used as a skin moisturiser, coconut oil nourishes and hydrates your skin by replenishing your natural skin oils. It contains Medium Chain Fatty Acids (MCFA’s), which are also found in your natural skin oils. These MCFA’S are naturally anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti fungal.
4. A common cause for skin problems and dehydration is a build up of toxins, fungi and bad bacteria. Coconut oil helps to cleanse and neutralise these toxins, fungi and bacteria on the outer layers of your skin, which not only detoxifies but also helps to build your skins natural immune system and protection.
5. Some forms of eczema and psoriasis are actually skin infections caused by a fungus. Using coconut oil topically can help these.
6. It can also be used in your hair as a deep conditioning treatment. Coconut oil will make your hair shine and glow by bringing out your natural vibrancy and beauty.
Try: Coconut Magic Certified Organic Coconut Oil, from $10.95 – $29.95, www.coconutmagic.com, 07 3103 3478
And it’s not just the oil that works wonders – coconut water is getting a great rap, too, in the beauty stakes!!
7. They say that drinking coconut water makes your skin look younger and more vibrant, as it aids in cleansing toxins naturally and erases any harmful toxic build up. The result? Clearer, healthier looking skin.
8. You can also use coconut water as a facemask – thoroughly soak cotton pads in the coconut water and apply them to your face. Leave them on for up to 30 minutes for radiant, hydrated and moisture-filled skin.
9. To make coconut scrub to hydrate your skin, mix 1tbsp of coconut water and lentils into a paste. Rub it gently on the skin for two minutes then rinse it away.
10. Coconut water can also be an effective clarifying moisturiser. Simply mix a few drops of coconut water with a few drops of lemon and then apply it to your skin. The coconut water hydrates and the lemon helps brighten and clear the skin.